-Garber’s Academy operated from 1902 until 1935 and was located back at Crossroads. It was torn down and the bricks were used to build the agriculture building up at the Timberville High School. It is still there.
–On the night of May 15, 1903, the Timberville Brass Band came out onto the street for a musical event. The town had the band wagon only 3 years at that time.
–Saturday, December 19, 1925 the picture “The Wives of the Prophet” was shown here in Timberville at the Columbia Theatre. The theatre was full.
–September 1940 – a small cyclone 2 miles west of town blew out 15 – 20 apple trees and blew off 5000 bushels of apples in Byrds orchard.
–July 1950 – Over one thousand people attended the fourth annual Ruritan horse show at Memorial Park. Later held at the American Legion grounds for years.
–September 1940 – A small cyclone two miles west of town blew off 5,000 bushels of apples in Byrd’s Orchard. (From weather records of Haller Bowman who was postmaster.) At old folk’s home and then at Cold Spring Farm. Turned them in to National Weather Service.
–April 23, 1942 – Also from weather records. A meteor traveling from West to East came across at 2:00 am. It made a crash of thunder when passing. Now known as a sonic boom.
–October 15, 1942 – The North Fork of the Shenandoah River was a couple of feet higher here than at any previous time in the memory of the oldest residents. This was the flood that washed away Carl Wine’s house. People were standing on the bridge and the big tree came down the river.
–April 14, 1910 – The Southern Railway made an appropriation of funds to build a new depot at Timberville with work to begin soon. The first depot was built in 1868.
–October 1946 – A million bushels of apples was in the field at the cannery. (at the water tank). Usually at least a half million bushels there each fall. Good crop in 1946.