August 24, 1908 – The Farmers and Merchants Bank of Timberville opened for business with $10,000 dollars in capital. The bank building cost about $8,000 to build.
August 24, 1909 – The Farmers and Merchants Bank of Timberville finished its first year of operation with a 17% profit.
August 1929 – A total of 129 train cars loaded with peaches were shipped from Timberville on the Southern Railway. A switch engine was maintained at Timberville to keep the cars shifted into position for loading. Largest peach crop ever.
August 1908 – A 130-acre parcel of land some distance North of Timberville was sold at a public auction. The $57.50 price per acre was regarded as “well sold” and the price shows that land in this area is not depreciating in value.
August 1928 – Work was underway on the foundation for the new Brethren Church. The original wooden church built in 1878-709 burned on March 25, 1928.
August 1942 – The last building was bui9lt at the cannery. The Lewis Gorley brick yard made the bricks in 1870. They were used to build the Polotecnic Institute in New Market. When that ceased to exist, the bricks were hauled to Timberville and used in the cannery construction.